Frequently Asked Questions
What is Socialditto?
Socialditto is a service by WebProNews that converts various social media url's to a HTML representation of the original post
for embedding into blog posts, news articles, just about anywhere that allows you to paste HTML code.
What do dittos look like?
A great blog post about how developing for Android is very doable: with only "two devices we were able to effectively cover more than 90% of the market."
What services are supported by Socialditto?
Currently we support Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Tumblr links. We are working continuously to add more services and improve the display properties of the ones we have.
How do I use Socialditto?
The first step is to get the URL of the post you want to ditto. The process for this varies slightly depending on the service:
- Click on the tweet - it will expand slightly and show a few more options at the bottom
- Right click on "Details", and select "Copy Link Location"
- Alternatively, if you left click on "Details", you can then copy the URL from the address bar
- Find the photo, video, or status update you want to ditto, right click on the time, and select "Copy Link Location"
- The time may be labeled "xx minutes/hours ago" or have the actual date. It will usually be located directly beneath the title of the post.
- Find the post you want to ditto, right click on the time, and select "Copy Link Location"
- The time may or may not contain the date, exact time, or relative time (like "yesterday") and will usually be directly to the right of the name of the poster
- The link's location will vary depending on the theme the blog uses. Follow these tips when looking for it:
- If you can click on the post's title to view the full post, that is the link you need. Right click the post's title and select "Copy Link Location"
- Some themes set the post's date as the link, if the title does not work, try clicking on the date.
- If you are not sure what to click on to get the correct URL, but you can get to the individual post's page (The page that shows the entire post and it's notes) simply copy the URL from the address bar.
Once you have the URL, navigate to the home page of this site, and paste the URL into the box. The box is all-in-one and can accept any supported service's URL, you need not select a specific service from
the links in the top bar.
The page will think for a moment, and then display the HTML version of the post, with a textbox below it. If you are happy with how the ditto looks, click on the textbox. The text inside will select itself automatically. Then press ctrl+c on your keyboard to copy it. You can paste this code anywhere that supports HTML to display the ditto.
I have a question that was not answered here / I have a suggestion for the service
Please send us an email at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as we can.